- What can I do at the Queensland Tennis Centre?
- When is the Queensland Tennis Centre open?
- Can I visit the Queensland Tennis Centre without playing tennis or buying anything?
- How do I make a booking for court hire?
- I want to play tennis but I don’t have a racquet. What should I do?
- How do I enrol in a coaching or fixture program?
- I have never played tennis before but I would like to learn how to play. Is there a program at Queensland Tennis Centre that would be suitable for me?
- How do I get to the Queensland Tennis Centre?
- Is there parking at the Queensland Tennis Centre?
- Who manages the Queensland Tennis Centre?
- What happens to the venue when the Brisbane International is on? Can we still play there?
There is something for everybody to enjoy at the Queensland Tennis Centre:
• Court hire (day and night)
• Private and group coaching for both children and adults
• Fixture competitions for both children and adults
• Social tennis activities 5 times a week
• Strings coffee bar
• Pro Shop - Brisbane’s biggest tennis retail store
• Function/conference room hire
The Queensland Tennis Centre is open to the public 7 days a week, from 6.30am to 10.30pm Monday to Friday and from 6.30am to 7pm on weekends.
Absolutely. The centre is a public facility and is free to visit.
You can book a court by calling 1300 292 011, emailing email@example.com or booking a court online. You can also book a court by going to the centre and seeing the staff at reception.
The Queensland Tennis Centre provides racquet and ball hire as well as court hire so you don’t even need to have your own equipment. You can also have a look at the wide range of racquets and other tennis gear available at the retail Pro Shop if you did want to purchase your own equipment.
Booking into group coaching programs or fixtures can be done via telephone, on-site at reception or online through the website, www.queenslandtenniscentre.com.au.
I have never played tennis before but I would like to learn how to play. Is there a program at Queensland Tennis Centre that would be suitable for me?
There definitely is! The Beginner coaching program is perfect for first-time players and is one of our most popular classes.
The Queensland Tennis Centre is located at 190 King Arthur Terrace in Tennyson. You can access the facility via King Arthur Terrace, Softstone St or from Fairfield Rd. Yeerongpilly train station is also conveniently located only 700 metres from the Queensland Tennis Centre.
Yes. Free, on-site car-parking is available and is accessible off King Arthur Terrace.
The Queensland Tennis Centre is a Stadiums Queensland venue that is managed by Tennis Queensland. The day-to-day operations of the centre, however, is coordinated by UQ Sport, who provide all the community tennis services at the facility. These services include a range of coaching, fixtures, court hire, social events, corporate, school and general hire services, as well as the management of the coffee bar and Pro Shop.
The Queensland Tennis Centre is usually closed for public use for approximately four weeks, during which the annual Brisbane International is hosted at the venue. While anybody is welcome to buy tickets and attend the Brisbane International, no community tennis services (such as coaching, court hire, fixtures, etc) will take place while the venue is closed for public use. The Brisbane International usually takes place in early January.